Wednesday, February 17, 2010

For future reference

Since finding out that we're expecting Baby Shoe #2, I have loved looking back on my blog to read about my pregnancy with Claire and compare it with this one. I don't want to forget the details of THIS pregnancy so I thought I'd document a few memorable moments thus far.

I'm FINALLY getting some energy back, praise the Lord! That first trimester is way draining! I took a nap just about every single day since finding out I was pregnant, but this week I actually made it through two days without a nap. Big accomplishment, I know! :) I thought I had just become a lazy bum but now that I seem to have a little more energy, my house is finally getting cleaned and things are getting done!

I am totally showing already. (I'm 13 weeks along.) My pants are all tight and you can completely see a baby belly. That seems to have happened so much sooner this time!

I have had a few experiences with nausea (didn't have that at all with Claire) but definitely nothing I can complain about. I have thrown up a handful a times. Here's the craziest story: So, those of you who know me well know that my most favorite drink is coffee! I love everything about coffee -- drinking it, smelling it, brewing it, starting my day with it, and even holding a mug full of it in my hands. Coffee is an experience. One that I love. That is, when I'm NOT pregnant. Pretty much as soon as I found out I was pregnant (both this time and with Claire), coffee just suddenly didn't sound good anymore. So weird, considering I normally L-O-V-E it! Since caffeine isn't a great choice during pregnancy anyway, I'm okay with not craving it while I'm pregnant. Justin drinks coffee too, but mostly just when I make it. He hadn't really been drinking it since I wasn't making it anymore. One morning a couple of weeks ago, though, Justin decided to make himself some coffee. I got up a few minutes after he made the coffee and got Claire out of bed. We walked into the kitchen, I got a whiff of that normally-so-delish coffee smell and had to RUN to the bathroom to puke! The smell was horrible and overpowering and I just couldn't take it. I don't like the thought, smell, taste, or even idea of coffee right now. So weird!! Luckily, as soon as I had Claire, I was back to my coffee-lovin self. Hopefully that's the case again with this babe!

Just some random tidbits I thought I might want to remember! :)

5 comments:

Gma Rho said...

Ha-ha! I had totally the same experience with coffee during pregnancy! The love and enjoyment of it always came back later, though, so nothing to fear!:)

Andy and Lindsey said...

How about a belly shot already!! Can't wait to see that cutey tummy.

Unknown said...

It's funny - I'm not quite as thrilled about showing off the belly this time around. :) I'll try to get up the courage, Linds!

Sarah said...

The same thing happened with me with coffee - and I seriously was addicted before I got pregnant. I enjoy about one cup in the morning now but it's really only to make my day a little easier :)

Christina said...

I am the same way with the coffee - I was drinking it every morning but couldn't stand the thought in my first trimester. Now I will drink it on occasion but it doesnt have the same appeal. I agree about the belly pics! I'm not feeling very attractive but I was in maternity pants by my 10th week! Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow!