Monday, April 26, 2010

Mischief

Claire has really been proving to me that she is quite the handful lately! Already today we've had three mischievous episodes (all while Claire's friend Liam was over)...
#1 Claire and Liam were playing in her room while Liam's mama and I were chatting away in the living room. Just fyi - Claire plays in her room semi-unsupervised ALL THE TIME and never has had any issues. Well... Liam was walking back and forth bringing books and toys and just checking in with his mama, but Claire hadn't been seen for awhile so I went to check on her. She had decided to empty all of her books out of her bookshelf and had climbed onto the second shelf. She was just laying there, hanging out!
#2 After episode #1, I closed Claire's bedroom door so the kiddos couldn't get in there. Again, they were just playing around down the hall when I suddenly hear an interesting noise. What do I find, but sweet Claire Grace playing and splashing around in the toilet water. Ewww!! Liam was just innocently watching her. I hope she's not teaching him these naughty things!
#3 After episodes 1 and 2, all of the doors were closed and the kids didn't have much to do down the hall, so they ventured into the kitchen. Claire plays in there a lot so I thought - no big deal. It was quiet for a little longer than I like, so we went to investigate and there were no kids to be found!! We have a staircase off of our kitchen that goes down into the basement. Claire knows not to go down there so I always leave the door open. She has never tried to go down the stairs and I wasn't even sure if she knew how to get down the stairs. Well - guess what?! She knows! We found Claire and Liam just hanging out in the basement.
Yikes!! It looks like this mama needs to keep a more careful watch on this little girl!!

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Laughing my head off!!! It begins sweet Annie, it begins!

Love you!

Christina said...

LOL! That is too funny! Looks like you have your hands full. :)

Lacey Schumacher said...

What a little stinker! I wish you would have taken pictures...:)

Gma Rho said...

Oh, that little pill! I can't believe they both got downstairs safely!! She must be motivated to show off when Liam is there!

Jenny said...

Oh fun!
At least she wasn't DRINKING the water! Not that I've had that happen here; well not that I know of at least.