Friday, May 14, 2010

The dreaded tantrum

Let me just start by asking... does it REALLY get worse than this?! My, oh my, does my daughter know how to throw one serious tantrum! This is a girl who knows what she wants, can usually even verbalize it, but can't seem to accept a 'no.' Since these intense tantrums (over any and every thing!) have started, she's been taking longer naps, so that is one plus! I guess screaming, crying, and throwing oneself against the ground is extra tiring.

4 comments:

Gma Rho said...

Oh, dear . . . I guess the Terrible Twos have started early! The joys and challenges of parenting . . .

jamie said...

annie- anna is one and she KNOWS exactly what i am saying! don't be afraid to discipline in some way (you guys have to decide what is best for you and her) but stay consistent... it's hard but do it! I felt like i did it ALL the time with having twins... and a friend said if you stay consistent you will start seeing fruit around age 4. it is SO SO true!

Jenny said...

First, be so glad you made it this far without tantrums.
Second, yes it gets worse.
Third, I completely agree with Jamie about discipline. Start now. If you let it go, it is so much harder to deal with later. Trust me, I've made that mistake. Being consistent is HARD work. There are days between the 4 of them that I feel like I'm constantly disciplining (sometimes I am!) but it will pay off.

Nana said...

Yep, temper tantrums are very tiring. I have to go take a nap every time I have one! Only kidding! :) I think Jamie has good advice. Seeking Godly wisdom and showing unconditional love goes along with it. Remember, God chose you for Claire and He promises to never leave you or forsake you. Raising children is a little like giving birth to them, after a while you forget the pain and only remember the blessings! Hang in there! :)