Tuesday, December 21, 2010

This is why I hate winter...

SO MUCH SICKNESS!!! Plus I hate the cold weather and snow... but that's another blog post for another time... Anyway, I took Claire to the doctor this morning after a weekend full of fever, little sleep, and coughing so hard it made her throw up. It turns out she has a double ear infection and the doctor finally diagnosed her with viral-induced asthma. She has suspected this in the past, but after so many episodes of simple colds turning into weeks of horrible coughing spells, she finally made the diagnosis. She said most kids outgrow the asthma by the time they are 4. If they haven't, then they'll officially diagnose asthma.
She's on an antibiotic for the ear infection and a steroid for the cough. Let's hope this clears up in time for our Christmas celebrations!

1 comment:

Shadley said...

Hey Annie! Elly had viral induced asthma and now is doing really well with daily asthma meds (at 5) so hang in there! We had many nights up with a barky, coughing baby but it gets better! Sorry!!