Claire has a urinary tract infection... yuck! :( Poor girl refused to go potty until about 11 this morning... so she held it from 6 pm last night until 11 this morning... 17 hours!!! She tried to go this morning, let a tiny bit out, and then cried out in pain and refused to go after that. Since she's had one before and behaved the exact same way, I figured we must be dealing with another one.
They put her on antibiotics and discussed possibly doing some further testing. They suspect she could have some kind of anatomical issue that is causing this and, if she does, would have to be on antibiotics for an entire year! (Camille, if you are reading this - this is the same thing Jillian has, right?!)
The best part of all of this -- she got to have her first ever juice box! She was so excited! They gave it to her at the doctor's office in hopes that the juice would make her go, which it did! Small victories, right?! :)
4 comments:
Yes, it is called Reflux. It is where they don't fully empty their bladder and some of it goes back up the other way to the kidney (and can cause a serious kidney infection). I am told that 80% of kids outgrow it. I am hopeful that my little Jillian will. Feel free to call me if you want to hear more about it and the process and stuff. Poor Claire bear!
Ok... Claire has never had juice until now? Or just a juice box? Because if it's just plain juice... I'm the worst parent in the world :) Granted, the Ped said he needed it because it helps his poops, but still...
Lol Anna! :) No, she has had juice, just not in the box form. No worries!! Although I can probably count how many times she's had it on one hand. BUT.. she has had it!
Seriously, can you all have any more illnesses?? I'm hoping she gets over this bump in the road soon!
Post a Comment