So I'm sure many of you already saw this on Facebook, but I felt it deserved it's own blog entry anyway. Last Tuesday, Justin was in a car accident while working. He was driving down the road when a car attempted to cross the road (apparently without checking for oncoming traffic first) and Justin ran right into him. The airbags went off and the car was totaled but we are so thankful that the Lord kept Justin safe. Other than a case of whiplash, he is FINE!! Of course, the fact that Justin was totally fine is really all that matters. And I don't want to discount that! BUT.. I have to say, I was sad to see the Honda go. He was a couple of hours from home when the accident happened and they just kept the car there. I never saw it again! It's weird how things as meaningless as cars can hold such memories.
This 2000 Honda Accord was the first big purchase we made as a married couple. We bought it in 2004 after we had been married for just six months or so. It had 70,000 miles on it when we bought it. This car come with us on all of our moves... from Iowa to Chicago to Chattanooga to Atlanta and back to Iowa. It carried us on many trips from the south to Iowa to visit family for holidays. It was just such a good car. It had 230,000 miles on it when it met its demise last week.
Goodbye, Honda. You've been good to us over the years.

4 comments:
Yikes! That looks like a bad accident! Thank God, Justin is okay!
So thankful Jusin is ok- I knwo what you mean about missing the car- not the IT exactly just the memories attached to it!
Our Honda will miss its twin. :( Crazy the adventures that little car had...
Sad, that was a nice car! Glad Justin is ok!
Post a Comment