If you are in search of a good book to read, will you please read Anything by Jennie Allen?? Oh.my.word. It's like I'm having my own little come-to-Jesus counseling sessions on my living room couch every day during nap time. This book is challenging yet easy to relate to. I feel like there are entire chapters where Jennie stole my life story and put it into words I was never able to form on my own.
I'm almost done with it and I have a feeling I'll just start reading it again as soon as I finish. ;) There are nights Justin comes home from work and I blubber through reading entire chapters of it aloud to him. I take a screen shot of almost every page of the book because I want to remember that page. It's that good.
One of my favorite lines from the book... (well, one of about 100 favorite lines from the book)..
"Something about Jesus changes everything - shatters what we thought we were going to do with our lives. If God is real, there is no medium."
That line gives me chills, makes me cry, and freak out.. all at once! Okay now, go read it!
1 comment:
jennie is one of my friends here in austin.. great gal :)
Post a Comment