After going through some months of loneliness here, God put it on my heart to get involved with Bible Study Fellowship. I had heard great things about this worldwide organization before and realized this would be a great way to get fed on God's word and be in fellowship with other women. After contacting the coordinator of a local class and making the decision to start this fall, I found out a couple of girls from my church were doing it and also convinced a couple of my neighbors to do it with me, too! This past week was our first meeting and I was super pumped. (Side note: the first meeting blew me away and now I am even more excited about studying the book of Matthew this year!) I eagerly showed up in my cut off jean shorts and a casual tshirt ready to get started. As I looked around the room full of 200 women, I realized I grossly underestimated my choice of outfit. Everyone was dressed to the nines.. think dresses, skirts, pantyhose, cardigans, and tons of jewelry. SHOOT!! I didn't realize you have to dress up for a weekday morning Bible study! Welcome to the South, y'all! I honestly did not find even one other pair of jean shorts in the entire room. Mine were the lone pair. I reminded my friends I was sitting with that they need to keep this Midwestern girl in check and let me know the rules of life in the South.
You better believe I'll be pulling out my
3 comments:
Too funny Annie! (Well, maybe not at the time.) I have been a little self conscious here as well. Most of the churches we have visited have been pretty casual (similar to Grace) but I usually always ask ahead of time or check out their website first to get a taste of what to expect. These southern ladies like to look their best, huh? Glad you are enjoying the fellowship though - that's what is important =).
Ha, funny! I would have totally done the same thing!
Ha, I love this story:):):)
Post a Comment