Charlie James is one month already! How did that happen? We took him to the doctor for his one month check up this morning. He weighed in at 9 lbs, 11 oz... up 2 lbs, 11 oz from his birth weight, so he's doing great in that department. He was 22 inches long. He has outgrown his newborn clothes and diapers already and is moving up in the world.. into 0-3month clothes and size one dipes. I am still just getting used to boy clothes and am already packing some of them up. *tear*
He is following in the footsteps of his big sisters and is a major spitter. Bummer! I have remembered the beauty of bibs in saving clothes and am getting used to going through several burp cloths each day. (and have I mentioned laundry for a family of five is no joke??) I'm not sure if the spitting is a result of reflux like the girls had or just a result of my milk overproduction problem. (I know I mentioned that it was better in a recent blog post. Well, I spoke too soon. It's better but still not normal.) He doesn't seem terribly uncomfortable so I'm hoping he won't need reflux meds and that my body will get the memo that it only needs to feed one child sometime soon.
I just love this little man and am so thankful God saw fit to give us a SON. Before Char was born, I had no real desire to have a son (not that I didn't want one but I just didn't feel like I HAD to have one) but man, oh, man... I love it. The Lord knew. He always does. So thankful.

No comments:
Post a Comment