Friday, February 21, 2014

Sip & See for Char!

My sweet friends hosted a sip and see to welcome Charlie James to the world!  It was so sweet and thoughtful and I loved every minute.  

Charlie got dressed up for the occasion!

Love this little man!

Everything was adorable and I could tell so much thought went into it!  They used the nursery colors (yellow & gray) and added in some blue.  I didn't get pictures of all the cute decor (doh!) but believe me.. it was adorable!





They had mimosas, sparking juice, coffee, a yummy breakfast casserole, cinnamon rolls, fruit, grits (true sign of a Southern party!).  Everything was delicious and perfect.  


These lovely ladies put it all together!  

Most of the group.  Unfortunately two people are missing in this picture.. we didn't get a shot of everyone.  :(  

Charlie got some adorable clothes, diapers, a couple of toys, and some gift cards.  Everyone was so generous!

I loved the food, the decorations, and the gifts, but to be honest, the best part of the day was sitting in a room full of women whom I love and that love us.  It was a total kairos moment.  I kept thinking about how two years ago, we were leaving a solid community of friends and family.  I had no idea what was ahead.  What God had for us.  Why He was moving us 14 hours away.  But, almost two years later, I was sitting in a room full of women who were there for me.  I felt so overwhelmed with thanksgiving.  When we left Iowa, I didn't know if I'd make any new friends and, even if I did, if they would be true real friends.  I'm happy to report that, like He ALWAYS does, God provided.  It's amazing to think of how much richer life is when we are stretched, forced outside of our comfort zone, and when we have to believe that He will provide.  And that He is enough.

Thank you, dear friends, for hosting this for us.  It is such a sweet memory.

2 comments:

Julie Rogers said...

This post makes me happy for you:) You are loved and so are the kiddos! Hope you are loving that boy so much and learning life with three, it's wild!

Julie Rogers said...
This comment has been removed by the author.