Saturday, October 25, 2014

today

Claire's school had it's annual fall fun fair this afternoon.  I gathered up my crew of Frozen characters and walked over to join in on the crazy chaos fun.  Justin left for a work event yesterday and won't get back until after midnight tonight so I was flying solo for this.  P.S. weekend training for work = so not my favorite



I kind of love our homemade baby Olaf.


Life size version of Operation... awesome!


Some of Claire's kindergarten buddies waiting for pumpkin bowling.
It was a fun afternoon for the girls!  But, full disclosure, it kind of sucked for me.  The whole day was a bust and I blame my crappy attitude.  When my hubby is gone for work on the weekend, it's just hard to deal.  I attempted to make the weekend fun for us - I let the girls stay up late and watch Frozen last night.  Enter mistake #1.  My children need sleep and will not sleep in no matter how late they stay up.  So this morning just started off terrible because a certain (middle) child had melt down after melt down all day.  Which led to lots of consequences.  Which is vey exhausting to follow through with over and over again.  Which led to said child telling me how much she DOESN'T like me.  Which started to get to me after the 10th or so time.  Which led me to sit on my bed and cry like a baby after my kids were finally in bed tonight.  Parenting is hard.  Parenting three is crazy hard.  Parenting three without reinforcements is just plain insane.

Anyway. This post was about our Halloween fun fair and my crazy emotions hijacked it.  I think it's time for a glass of wine and mindless tv. 

4 comments:

Gma Rho said...

The kids are darling in their costumes! Love little Olaf!! So sorry for your frustrating day. When Mom's emotions are frazzled nothing ever goes right - I remember those days . . . you're doing a fantastic job, and your kids are crazy about you!

Christina said...

Great costumes!!! Amazing how well you put Olaf together - very impressive!
I know it probably doesn't help but as for the rough day... totally been there. You are an amazing mamma and despite the way you felt about the bad parts, as for the kids that will be long forgotten! It always helps me to know I'm not alone on these sorts of days, feel free to call me for some reassurance any time!

Nana/Karen said...

You did good Annie! I am always amazed at my daughters-in-law creativity. Tomorrow, after everyone has had a good night's sleep, you will find new ways to laugh again. Remember, "Weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning." Ps. 30:5b

Unknown said...

I was running this morning and I kept saying over and over in my head how hard this parenting thing is. I only have a 7 month old!! The first person who came to my mind when wanting to vent about everything was you. You are a great mother and I look up to you in so many ways!