So, even though Charlie isn't officially one for another few weeks, we celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago. My
sis in law is a smart woman and suggested that we do a combined party for the boys. My nephew Abishai turned one in October and Char turns one in December, so November was the perfect month to celebrate both of these little men! Plus, splitting the work = bonus! Also, who doesn't love two little boys in matching outfits?? Total score!
We love a good theme so went with The Very Hungry Caterpillar. My rockstar friend Meg and Pinterest helped us with the ideas.
.jpg) |
| Loved these caterpillars with a picture of the boys from each month. |
My bro and sis in law hosted and it was a full house! Lots of kids and noise and chaos. On our drive there, I was overwhelmed thinking of how amazing it is to drive 45 minutes and be able to be with family for the day. We are so thankful!
.jpg) |
| Standing room only for present opening! This was serious business. |
.jpg) |
| These two boys are such amazing gifts to our families. So special hearing the dads pray for their boys! |
.jpg) |
| Note the matching outfits... amazing, right? ;) |
.jpg) |
| Cake eating was hilarious. |
 |
| My favorite part was Charlie deciding hands were not necessary. |
.jpg) |
| I can't get over the cuteness! |
.jpg) |
| This might be my favorite picture of the day! |
.jpg) |
| It ended in disaster. But we all survived. |
Oh and bonus - when your sis-in-law is a photographer, you get awesome party pics! Thanks for the pics, Rox!
It was a crazy, hectic, amazing, exhausting day! We are thankful for family who love us and our boys and that helped us celebrate them! Oh, and thanks for letting us
use trash your house, Engstroms! ;)
4 comments:
I need to know more about that map of the world fabric/curtain/thing. I love it! -Katie
Such great pictures. These boys are so lucky to have each other.
So so cute!!! I can't believe how fast this year has gone - that Charlie will be one soon and that Jack isn't too far behind (10 months today!) Great party theme and what fun pictures too!
SO hilarious!! If it means sharing parties with you without crossing the US or Oceans you can trash our house anytime. I seriously want to cry when I see these pics...LOVE you (and that last pic of you and Char bc I know that was just 5 minutes pre-complete meltdown :) OK now I cant stop laughing!
Post a Comment