Friday, June 12, 2009

Growing Girl

Even though Claire will be 7 months old in a week, she finally had her 6 month checkup with the doctor. She is doing great!! She weighed in at 17 lb, 10 oz and is in the 80th percentile for weight. Clearly this child has had no problem catching up! :) You'd never know she was a preemie!

She is loving her new diet which includes solid foods! So far she has tried rice cereal, sweet potatoes, peas, avocados, bananas, applesauce, yogurt, and pears. We have yet to find something that this girl doesn't love! She gobbles it right up, no matter what it is. Let's hope it stays that way. Next on the list is green beans and peaches. I've been making all of her food for her... it's a lot of work, but definitely a money-saver, so it's worth it!


She is starting to sit up on her own. She still topples over from time to time, but she's doing a good job and getting better every day.

We still are dealing with spit up on a daily basis (even worse now that she's eating solids... orange spit up just isn't pretty). The added bonus is that she drools like crazy now, so her shirts are constantly soaked - whether it's from spit up or drool. :) No teeth yet... still waiting for those to show. We are having so much fun with her and loving each new stage she enters.

So there you have it... an update on the little lady.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love, love, love these pictures - drool and all! :)

Gma Rho said...

Where did she get that adorable outfit??? I love it. She is such a dolly, and I love that people think she looks like me!! :)

Chris and Julie said...

I love the face expressions!!! So cute:) I have been making the food too-it's pretty exciting, eh? And we totally have the same colored spit-up issue...nothing like peas and squash to stain the house!! You have to love it!!

Ashley said...

I am going to bust if she gets any cuter!!!

Bridget said...

Looks like she has no problem fitting into the shorts! Such a great outfit!