I know this blog is usually devoted to my sweet baby girl but I am so in shock about the events that occurred in my household over the lunch hour that I just HAD to share. So, my husband has major issues!! Case in point - today for lunch, after scouring our nearly-bare refrigerator and cabinets, he decides he will follow Claire's lead and have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. No big deal, right? Well, in pure Justin style, he decides the traditional pb & j isn't quite good enough and wonders out loud how a "gourmet" pb & j is made. "Honey," I say, "I don't think there is such a thing."
Photo evidence:



He disagrees and decides that the first step to gourmet pb & j is to make it a triple-decker sandwich. No major crime there, but listen to what he does next.... he pulls out this dang hot sauce that he is obsessed with and says, "This is it!" He then proceeds to cover an entire piece of bread with the hot sauce, one with peanut butter, and one with jelly. AHHH!!!! What is wrong with him?! He takes a bite and delights in it's deliciousness, all while I am screaming, "What is wrong with you.. you have issues!!" I mean, seriously.. I love the man, but hot sauce on a peanut butter and jelly sandwich?!
Photo evidence:



10 comments:
justin you are straight nasty!
I'm not sure Eric has tried that, but I'm sure that he would love it. Me? No way no how.
There is a restaurant that serves gourmet pb&j. I think that the 'Elvis' has pb, bananas....and bacon, ew
I do LOVE that rooster hot sauce but Justin is fugo!!!! That is yucky!
Ewwwwww.....
In all honesty though I don't think Sam's that far off.
My husband would totally do that. He is a hot sauce fiend! He always complains about this stomach...I'm like maybe it is those habneros that you just ate raw!!! We grow them on our back deck. He just gets a kick out of licking them. So weird these men. :)
I disagree with you Annie, that sounds GREAT. I love hot sauce. Go Justin!
Well done Justin!!!
~Steve Good
My Dad who use to travel said one of the best appetizers a certain place served was peanut butter on crackers topped with horseradish!!!
Maybe Justin wants to try that!
Well, it was bound to happen...it could have been your husband or mine. :)
hmmm sounds like something I have to try
Post a Comment