Hard to believe we are already over halfway through this pregnancy! I had my 22 week appointment with my doctor today. I hadn't seen her since the ultrasound so we finally got to hear the 'official' results. She said baby is measuring BIG - about a week ahead of schedule! They won't change my due date but she said that this just means we'll have a nice sized baby... yikes!! :)
They also found that I have a low lying placenta, which means that at the current time, the placenta is covering part of the cervix. This isn't the best news as it can be an indication of placenta previa. She said most of the time the placenta will move out of the way as the baby grows so that's definitely what we are praying for! I'm guessing I'll have to have a follow up ultrasound to check the position of the placenta when I'm further along.
I started progesterone injections at 20 weeks. These injections have been shown to prevent pre-term delivery. I go in once a week and they give me the shot. (Initially I was told that I would have to give these injections to myself! Praise the Lord they are allowing me to come in and give them to me instead!!! I don't think I could do it and we all know that Justin couldn't! :) We are definitely willing to give it a try to avoid another early baby! You can read more about the injections here.
Other than that, things are looking good! This little girl sure is active! It seems like every time I sit down, she gets moving and kicking again. Such an awesome feeling - I love it.
1 comment:
Feeling our little girl move is one of the best feelings too. It's so reassuring! We'll be praying for that placenta to move out of the way!
Post a Comment