Thursday, April 1, 2010

Crazy Preggo Dreams

I've had some seriously weird preggo dreams lately! Clearly the upcoming ultrasound has been on my mind because two of my most recent dreams included this event. In the first dream, I was at the ultrasound and they told me I was having a girl. They also said not to worry, but that baby's heart rate was extremely low. They said everything would be fine (as in - she won't die) but that this low heart rate just indicates that she will be born with a skin condition (huh?!) and because of this, will need to spend some time in the NICU. I was so devastated in my dream, telling them I had really hoped this baby wouldn't have to be in the NICU. Apparently heart rates, hemangiomas, and NICUs are on the brain...
The next dream I had last night. I was at the ultrasound (again) and my friend Bridget was there, too, having her ultrasound. During my ultrasound, the person doing it just kept staring at the screen blankly and telling me she couldn't figure it out. She wouldn't tell me anything else and I was getting so mad. She said we would have to get some other doctor's opinion. Then we were walking down the hall with an ultrasound picture and we ran into the other doctor. The lady gave him the picture and he took me into the bathroom to explain it to me. He said I was pregnant with triplets - 2 girls and 1 boy - but that the boy had died and one of the girls was also going to die because my hcg levels were too low. (??) After hearing the news, I ran into Bridget and asked her how her ultrasound went. She said she was having a girl but they were really concerned because her baby was apparently really big and due much sooner than they thought. WHAT?!
Let's just get this ultrasound over with so I stop having these super weird and kind of morbid dreams!!!

5 comments:

Gma Rho said...

Sounds like someone has been playing some April Fool's jokes on you while you sleep! Happy April!

Unknown said...

Yikes! I hope the ultrasound is soon because it sounds like someone has some anxieties to calm!

Christina said...

Wow! Welcome to preggo dreams. I have a wonderful feeling that everything will be fine. When is the actual date? We'll pray that everything turns out well.

Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina! :) It's on Thursday, the 8th!!

jamie said...

whatever happens pray and meditate on Job 42.2