Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Baby Shoe Update

So.. I'm 37 weeks today!! We've officially made it to full term... yippee!! Now this little girl can come any time. :) I think we're ready... at least my back is!! I definitely didn't experience this back pain when I was preggo with Claire.. ouch! I read a quote today about being 37 weeks pregnant and it said, "I can't eat, I can't sleep, but I can do a great imitation of a beached whale." That pretty much sums up the way I've been feeling lately. :)

I had an appointment today and am still just 1 cm dilated. I was hoping for a little progress.. shoot! She did feel around my stomach and say that the baby is getting big. About 2 weeks ago they estimated she was 6 pounds (who knows if they really know though...) and today I saw a different doctor who said, "She's getting generous.. not huge yet, but generous. And you still have 3 weeks to go." YIKES!!

I think that pretty much sums things up. I still can't believe that these are our last days/weeks as a family of three. I'm so excited to meet this little lady and am anxious to see Claire in her new role as a big sister.

5 comments:

Jorie said...

Yay ~ you've made it sooo far! LOL at your quote. Even if you feel like that, you definitely don't look like it! Can't wait to meet this "generous-sized" baby soon!! :)

Gma Rho said...

Hey - how you doing on getting the baby here TODAY - on my predicted day??? Still hoping . . .

Lacey Schumacher said...

generous??? does that make you a little nervous? :)

Jenny said...

Well here's to hoping that the doctor is wrong guessing her generous size. They often can be you know.
Then again I've delivered 4 big babies easily, so bigger isn't necessarily more difficult.

Unknown said...

Annie, It was good to see you and your generous baby this week! Even if you are feeling 37 weeks pregnant you are still glowing and beautiful! It won't be long before you will be able to let others help 'carry' your sweet baby. PS: Good Luck G'ma Rho on the baby lotto date:)