Okay, faithful readers - I'm letting you in on a part of my life that I'm NOT proud of.... my pregnancy cankles!! I had these babies with Claire, but when people suggested I post a picture of them, I was horrified by the thought of documenting such disgust. This time around, I'm still horrified but I'm also pretty sure no one has ever had ankles this swollen before so I thought I must prove that mine are the worst kind!!!
Look at your own risk...
The good news - baby is coming tomorrow so they will be gone soon!! The bad news - last time they actually got worse before getting better! :( Many people told me not to worry, that as soon as I delivered the baby, the ankles would return to normal. Well, folks, not the case. Actually they got dramatically worse (how that's possible, I have NO idea!) and didn't return to their normal size until about 2 weeks post-partum. When they finally did get back to normal I remember thinking that they looked so skinny that they made me look like I had an eating disorder. Ha! I mean, I'm not saying I normally have the skinniest of ankles but after getting used to these babies, my normal ankles looked soo small!!
Also, in case you wanted to see the awesome shoe I get to wear around for my broken toe, here it is!!! Seriously, can I get any cooler? :)


7 comments:
bless your heart!!! They kind of resemble a 350 lb. woman's ankles ;). (j/k) Hang in there sister! It will all be worth it when you see her gorgeous face!
At least we know Justin didn't marry you for your ankles...or lack thereof. :) Can't wait for tomorrow!
oooooooh sweetie!!! it will be a distant memory soon!!!
Thanks for sharing, Annie. I'm sure those are in my future eventually ;) We'll be praying for you today! Can't wait to see pictures!
I know exactly how you feel! I referred to mine as a tree straight out of the redwood forest. And, it is so true about the after effects of labor...they just get bigger! Bless your heart, but thanks for sharing. You will really be glad that you documented this because they will be a thing of the past. I laughed about the skinny ankle part of your blog. That is exactly how I felt after mine finally went down. I always hated my nonpregnant ankles...thinking they looked like cankles to begin with. But, after having pregnant ankles...they seemed tiny. I'm praying for you today!!!
Oh, sweet sister! I appreciate your humor in the midst of all of this! You are one sorry prego lady. :( Thanks for sharing the pics.
The good news is: today is the day! Praying for you and can't wait to meet sweet baby Shoe 2!
Oh Annie, your post made me laugh. Very brave of you to show the kankle pictures =) Excited for your news today! Saying a prayer that all goes well!
Post a Comment