Saturday, August 7, 2010

Never ending

When we found out in December that we would be welcoming another member to our family in August, a huge list of things we needed to do first soon began to develop. The list was endless and every time I looked at it, I felt sick, knowing we would never accomplish everything before August.
Here are the things we needed to do:

1. Move master bedroom into old guest bedroom (which means get rid of guest bedroom furniture, paint the room, and then move the master bedroom furniture in)

2. Tear out part of the wall in new master bedroom to allow for a larger closet

3. Repaint old master bedroom so Claire could move into her new big girl room

4. Paint new master bathroom and transfer belongings from old to new master bath

5. Turn large laundry room into 2 rooms - put up a wall so laundry room is on one side and office is on the other

6. Drywall new office

7. Paint new office

8. Tile new office floor

9. Move furniture from old office to new office

10. Turn old office into playroom

11. Build a shed


Can you see why I was overwhelmed?! Well, I am happy to report that #1-#10 are all completed and #11 is underway!! I NEVER thought we would get all of these things done in time and if it wasn't for my super dedicated and hard-working husband (as well as some helpful friends and family members), we would never have this much done. I keep saying 'we' but I should really be saying 'he' since my only real contribution was painting a few rooms and taking care of Claire while Justin worked.

A couple of weekends ago, Justin's AWESOME, HELPFUL, WONDERFUL parents came and allowed us to put them to work! Carl seems to know how to do everything and he was so willing to help Justin begin his shed (or should I say small barn) project. With only a one car garage, we desperately need this extra storage space and we can't wait until it's finished. Here are some progress shots from the weekend...










Karen did a lot of taking care of Claire, but eventually she had to get in on the building process. I can see where Justin gets his work ethic from. :)

They got all of that done over the weekend and since then, Justin has put up the walls, the roof, and started the process of shingling. We are so close I can taste it!! I told Justin that after all of this hard work he's been doing all summer, he's not allowed to do anything this fall except enjoy some Iowa football games!! :)

Claire and Nana, enjoying some root beer floats


Mommy and Claire, passing the time and being silly

So, hopefully we can completely finish the shed before baby comes, but if not, I am okay with that!! We've done more than I thought we could do and I know before too long this seemingly never ending list will indeed be done!!

1 comment:

Roxanne said...

Justin would be awesome here!!! Tons of do it yoruself stuff :) great work! ANd I love that pic and u and claire..so cute!