Sunday, December 5, 2010

Over the hill

Well, it's official... I'm married to an old man! :) Justin celebrated his 30th birthday on December 2nd. We've had lots of fun celebrating. His coworkers surprised him with a mini-celebration at work on his bday, complete with the entire department dressing in all black to mourn his youth... :)
Anyway, when he came home from work for lunch that day, Claire and I had a little celebration for him.

Claire even helped Daddy blow out the candles!!


Justin and I went out to a DELICIOUS dinner at Tuscan Moon in Kalona that night. (Thanks for watching the kiddos, Baumhovers!) It was such a perfect date night!!

Justin thought the celebration was over at that point, but I had a surprise party planned for him on Saturday night. When we first walked in and everyone yelled, 'SURPRISE!!' it took Justin a good minute to figure out that the party was for him!! We had a great time with great friends!






My friend Lindsey made these perfect signs and had cute balloon bouquets on the table. Everyone needs a friend like her... she's amazing! :) Thanks, Linds!!


Thanks for helping Justin celebrate, friends!!

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

Happy Bday Justin- we are lame as we missed it- sorry!! But you make 30 look good adn Annie you are a rockstar for the party :) Love to you all!

Jorie said...

Yay for December birthdays and welcome to the 30s, Justin! Annie, you'll be joining us soon! :)