Lindsey and I decided a few weeks ago that a trip to Chicago was in order to see some high school friends and meet their adorable kiddos! I rarely go 'home' to Chicago since, one by one, all members of my family have moved away from the area. And when Lindsey goes home, she usually fills her time with family. So, although we keep up on Facebook, we thought a real playdate was in order!!
We met at Lindsey's sister Desiree's house. It was SO much fun! I loved seeing everyone and letting our kids play. I was reminded of why these girls were some of my best friends back in the day. There's just something really special about friends who have known you since elementary school, seen you through the awkward times, and loved you anyway. :) I missed seeing some of the girls who weren't able to be there, but Lindsey and I are definitely going to make this a yearly tradition, right Linds? :)
 |
| Claire and some of her new friends! |
 |
| Kari and sweet Madison |
 |
| The whole group! |
 |
| Emma and Tommy.. one month apart! (and their older siblings are one month apart too... soo fun!) |
 |
| Claire doing a little gardening. |
 |
| Claire and Jack had work to do. |
 |
| Fun in the sandbox! |
Thanks for hosting us, Desiree! Although our weekend was cut short by a day due to a sick Emma, we still had so much fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment