Friday, August 19, 2011

Dear Emma

I love looking back and remembering where we were a year ago and praising God for his goodness!!  One year ago today... RIGHT NOW.... I was just arriving at the hospital for the big induction!

When I think back to Emma's delivery, I think about how quick and easy it was!  (yes, I did have an epidural! :)  It's nice to look back on it with happy thoughts because that was definitely NOT my experience with Claire.  Her delivery was ROUGH.  Anyway...  they started pitocin around 9 am and 5 1/2 hours later, sweet Emma Annette was in my arms!

One year ago today, I held this sweet girl in my arms for the first time.



One year later, she's as sweet and as beautiful as they come...  (at least in this mama's eyes!!)



Dear Emma Annette,

I can't begin to describe how much joy you have brought to our lives in just one short year!!  You have the sweetest and most sensitive spirit and I love seeing how God made you into such an individual... so different from your big sister.  God has taught your mommy and daddy so many lessons in this year... through your life.  We have really learned to trust Him more, as we watched you go through lots of sickness and even two short stays in the hospital.  Of course we were worried but ultimately we knew that God wasn't surprised by any of it and that brought us comfort. 

I love everything about you.  Your big blue eyes, your chunky thighs, the way you cry when we tell you 'no', how much you adore your big sister, seeing you dance when you hear any kind of music, the way you give kisses with your tongue hanging out, your sweet smile with only two little teeth.... everything about you is so precious to me!

My prayer for you is that your heart will yearn for your Savior and you will grow up to love Him, serve Him, and know that life without Him is meaningless. 

Happy 1st Birthday!!!  I love you so much! xoxo

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

Sarah said...

She is beautiful Annie!! Happy Birthday Emma!!