Saturday, October 22, 2011

13.1

So last Sunday was the big race we've been training for since July.  I really surprised myself...  I didn't know how it would go, how I would feel, etc... but I had a blast!  Running with friends and being cheered on by family was icing on the cake.

Saturday night dinner... carb loading at Spaghetti Works

Before the race... our running group!  We ran together every Saturday for 12 weeks. 

Spotting our fans... mile 4!  Can you tell we were excited?!  I just might have shed a tear or two after running passed the girls.  ;)

Nana and Papa kept the girls Saturday night and drove them to meet us in Des Moines for the race.

The BEST cheerleaders!


Claire dancing with Babu... Grammy was behind the camera and got some great shots!

Here comes Justin... mile 8

Me!

Crossing the finish line!!  What a rush! 2:29:53

We did it!

Me, Justin, Jacque, Matt, and Jean

So, who wants to join us for the next one?! ;)

3 comments:

Roxanne said...

Great job y'all!!! it is addicting..see!!

jamie said...

you should come to austin and run some- 1- super sweet city :) and 2- you can run any month of the year!

i'm sure it was fine but over the years carbs the day before- they say not to do anymore. maybe like 2 or 3 days before. I just read that in a runners mag.. kind of crazy!

Christina said...

Awesome! What an accomplishment!