Friday, February 3, 2012

It's February...

And you know what that means, right? We are sick again! I think we spent the entire mont of February sick last year and here we are again! It is actually 4:45 am as I type and I am watching Dora episodes with Claire. After a long, sleepless night, I finally decided laying on the couch watching movies was easier than going back and forth to her room like I did all night. I am going on 1 hour of sleep here, folks!

Claire developed a fever on Tuesday and it progressively got higher each day. It finally spiked to 103.5 yesterday so I decided to take her in. She was so miserable...it was so sad! She was shivering and freezing, under 3 blankets and tons of layers and not warming up. She had never reacted to a fever like that before...poor thing. Anyway, I took her in and we found out she has another UTI. The doctor was concerned with how high the fever got with the infection and has recommended an ultrasound of her kidneys to make sure there isn't anything else going on. Emma had this same thing done last year because of her recurrent UTIs and everything was fine so I am hopeful it will be the same for Claire. We definitely want to rule things out, though, so we will have that done soon.

On top of those crazy high fevers, Claire was up throwing up all night. Poor, poor girl! I don't know if it's the flu or a reaction to the antibiotic or what. Anyway...hoping today brings less fever and throwing up! Happy Friday, y'all. :)

3 comments:

Christina said...

So sorry Annie! I hope Claire feels better soon and you're both able to get some rest. :(

Shadley said...

Kidney infection can make you vomit! I hope and pray she is better soon. That is miserable!! Have you girls ever been tested for bladder reflux?

Nana said...

Sorry to hear the girls are sick. Hope everyone gets better and you can get caught up on your sleep!