Monday, May 14, 2012

Overwhelming.

If we are friends in real life, you are probably aware of the recent trauma my African family (my brother, sister-in-law, and nieces) just went through.  If not, you can read about it here.

The entire situation has been so overwhelming in every way.  To know that they suffered and we couldn't be there with them.  To know that it truly is a miracle that they are all okay and God spared their lives.  To hear of the many people all.over.the.world. who begged God for mercy on their behalf.  It's just so overwhelming and brings tears to my eyes everytime I think about it.  Our God is so good. 

I loved Roxi's latest blog post about meeting the man who God used to save them.  Hearing stories of how God orchestrates situations... again - overwhelming!  Check it. 

2 comments:

Roxanne said...

thanks Annie for crying with us- God is so good and He is using this in BIG ways, while I would never choose it I would never trade it either. To Him be the glory- can't wait to hug you and cry together!

Karen said...

Thanks for posting this, Annie. I have shared Jason and Roxanne's story with several friends and co-workers who prayed for them and our Pastor said a special prayer for them as well. If I start to think about it at work I get choked up. Jason's call home, Roxanne's hour-long trip to the airport, Anni laying there unresponsive, Evi's blown out toe, and the rescuer's story of hearing Jason's cry and being led by the Holy Spirit, they all overwhelm me! God is an awesome God. We praise and thank Him for what He has done and what He will continue to do.