Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Dear Emma



Dear Emma,

I can't believe you are TWO!  It seems like just yesterday you were born.  I can hardly remember our family before you were here, though.  You bring me so much joy it's hard to describe.  You give the sweetest smiles, tightest hugs, silliest giggles, loudest screams, and over-the-top reactions, all with those gorgeous blue eyes. 

You are just like Claire and nothing like Claire.  I love that you love your sissy so much and, in some ways, do things just like her.  In other ways, though, you have your own unique interests and personality.  You love dogs, babies, bugs, swinging and sliding, swimming, jumping, Elmo, and Diego.  You are a creature of habit and like to do things the same way every time.  When you go to sleep, you must have your blankey, puppy, and two pacis - one in your mouth and one to hold. 

You have always been a Mama's girl and hate when I leave.  When you hear the garage door open around 5 pm, you run to the door and scream, 'DADDY'!!!  You love music and singing.  You can sing the ABCs, Happy Birthday, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Jesus Loves the Little Children, and Zippedee Do Da.  You know your colors and can count to 10 (although sometimes you skip 5 and 6).  You are becoming more and more independent each day and we frequently hear, 'No, self!!' when we are trying to help you with something but instead you want to do it yourself.

You recently used the potty for #1 and #2 for the first time.  You sleep from about 7-7 each night and still take one nap in the afternoon.  You are perfecting the tantrum.  You can be a bit of a bully and hitting is usually your first line of defense (or offense). 

You have starting going to a Mother's Morning Out program at a local church one morning a week from 9-1.  It's the same place where Sissy goes to preschool so I think you like to wear your backpack and feel grown up like Claire.  By the way, even though you can say Claire's name now, you still always call her Sissy.  You weigh 30 pounds (90%) and are 36 1/2 inches long (95%).  You are pickier eater than your sister but still eat most foods well.  Your favorites are waffles, pizza, mixed veggies, and ham. 

I love everything about you and watching you grow up is bittersweet.  I want you to stay little forever but am excited to see you in each new phase.  I hope and pray that Jesus captures your heart at a young age and you spend your days following after him and bringing glory to His name. 

I love you, sweet Emmy Lou!!
Love,                      
    Mommy                   

5 comments:

Nana said...

I get a kick out of Emma. She is growing up so fast. What a lovely mother's tribute to her daughter.

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday Miss Emma!!! Love that styl'n outfit! Annie, she will love having this letter from you when she looks back one day. So sweet!

Christina said...

Such a sweet letter Annie!
How did you get your blog to look so cool???

Unknown said...

Thanks, Christina! I just used one of the Blogger templates! Justin made the header in Publisher and then just uploaded it. It was time for a makeover! ;)

Gma Rho said...

I agree that this letter will be a precious legacy from her mama!