Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Funky

I am stuck in quite a funk these days.  I hate to be a downer but in the spirit of transparency and being real, I gotta include this on the blog.  I have no idea what my deal has been the past couple of months but these have been the hardest months since moving here over a year ago.  I am just downright lonely and missing my people.  The people who know me and my hubby and my kiddos.  The people who know our stories.  The people who brought us meals when our babies were born.  The people who prayed with us through some major life struggles.  I miss community.  I miss being able to be real with people who are real with us in return.  I miss being called out by friends who love me enough to do it.  I miss running into people when I'm out and about.  I miss my family living 45 minutes away and being within a few hours of every member of our family.  Moving is just.so.hard.  The tears haven't stopped since I started writing this post.  I don't really know why I'm even sharing this, other than to beg for your prayers.  I know that the Lord will use this to continue to refine my selfish heart.  And I truly have so many good things in my life that it's kind of unfair.  God, help me recognize those areas and use them to bless others.  I'm hopeful that some day this will be a distant memory and we will be a part of a new community here that we feel connected to. But we're just not there yet.  Anyway, just being real, y'all.

5 comments:

Christina said...

So sorry you have a heavy heart Annie. Will be praying!

Karen said...

When you feel alone, remember you are NOT alone. We miss you just as much as you miss all of us and you are in our thoughts and prayers every day. We love reading your posts and all about the family,but nothing replaces hearing your voice(s). We will continue to keep you in our prayers and look forward to when we can be together and talk, talk, talk, talk, talk!

Roxanne said...

feel you and love you and praying

Jenny said...

I can imagine being pregnant makes those feelings even more profound. Knowing your friends and family are far away as you are feeling tired and sick, and soon to be even more tired. I will be praying for you, especially that God would continue to grow relationships down there and that you would have some good help after the baby is born from your church and friends down there!

The Chidisters said...

Well, we are only on day 3 of being in MS and while there is lots of heaviness in my heart as well, it probably isn't the same as what you are experiencing. I am sure I will come across the same feelings in a year's time too. For now I am just going a little crazy living in a hotel and thinking of ALL that has to happen to move into our house and get settled before Abbie starts school in 3.5 weeks...overwhelming! I'll be praying for you - wish Memphis and Atlanta were a little closer, huh?