Bridget and I had our first two kiddos within weeks of each other and spent countless of our waking hours together during our first three and a half years of motherhood.. until we moved to Atlanta. I remember she came over one night after Justin and I made the official decision to move. Bridge and I sat in my basement for several hours crying, praying, sharing memories, and surrendering the idea of our families growing up together. She is a once-in-a-lifetime kind of friend and I miss doing life with her so much that it hurts. Having her entire family with us for the weekend was such a breath of fresh air and I cried all morning the day they left.

We hadn't seen them since Christmas but our kiddos acted like they play together everyday! From the minute they woke up that first morning, they were happily playing and running around the house like they always used to do. I'm pretty sure those four just know how special their friendship is!

Both of our hubbies are training for October marathons so two of the mornings we sent them out on their runs while we sat in our jammies drinking coffee, talking, and watching the kids play. Felt just like old times.
On one of the nights we got a babysitter for all the kiddos and had a super fun double date night.


We took MARTA downtown the last day they were here and I'm pretty sure the kids would have been happy with just the train ride! The added bonus was getting soaked in the fountains at Centennial Park, despite the fact that it was 70 degrees and overcast.


Claire and Nora went crazy. Emma said, "Mama, everyone is having so much fun but I'm not!" Life's tough, kid.


The whole ShoeBaum crew!


So so thankful for these amazing friends!! Until next time, Baums! ;)
2 comments:
I'm so happy you guys had this special weekend together!! I'm confident that you will have a lifelong friendship. The pictures are precious - love the one of the four kiddos holding hands (I'm glad Claire has taken up ownership of the Hello Kitty hat!!) Hoping more special visits like this one are in store!!
Love, love, love this post!!!! Such great pics and such a wonderful time!!! Thanks, Shoes!!! Xoxoxo
Post a Comment