Sunday, December 15, 2013

Christmas Baking.. and a little complaining

I can't believe how quickly Christmas has crept up on us this year!  The girls and I have been busy baking treats to share with some neighbors and friends.  I usually don't do this much baking on my own, but knowing we won't be attending any Christmas gatherings with family and lots of yummy treats this year, I decided we better bake our own assortment.  The girls have been loving it and it's been keeping us occupied as we anxiously await Baby Shoe's arrival.

IMG_3127

IMG_3129

IMG_3135

IMG_3137


IMG_3138

IMG_3139

In other news, life has been so incredibly crazy these last few weeks.  Justin has been swamped at work and is either gone overnight or working 12+ hour days.  That means lots of single parenting has been happening, which comes at such a crazy time... 37 weeks pregnant, doing breakfast, lunch, dinner, and bedtime on my own, trying to include some advent activities in... it's been so exhausting.  On top of that, Claire had the stomach flu last week and Emma is on day two of a high fever and nasty cough.  I've had about all I can take.  Not going to lie.. it's been a rough few weeks.  Justin left this afternoon and will be gone until Tuesday and then he works Wednesday and Thursday and THEN is DONE for the rest of the year!  I could not be happier to have him home and helping out again soon.  I'm hoping to get some rest in before this baby arrives!

My body is feeling every bit of being 37 weeks pregnant with baby #3 too.  P.S.  How does anyone do this more than three times?? You mamas of more than three amaze me.  This third trimester has been ROUGH.  It basically hurts every time I move.  I feel like I've just had the most intense workout and my muscles are sore from that.  Except I haven't worked out in over six months.  It hurts to sit, it hurts to stand, it hurts to roll over in bed.  Yikes.  It just HURTS!  The good news is those nasty cankles haven't shown up yet... yay!  Thankful we have three weeks or less left.  We are ready to meet this baby!

There you have it.  Christmas, cookies, single parenting, and pregnancy.  How's that for a random blog post?  ;)

3 comments:

The Chidisters said...

Oh how I understand ALL of this - except that thankfully Peter hasn't had to travel for work since we have moved here but every day is at least 12+ hours which is rough. I also hurt - I feel like I am walking around like an old lady and it takes all I have to even roll around and try to get comfortable in bed without moaning and groaning. Hang in there - you are almost there!

Gma Rho said...

You have been doing an awesome job, sweet daughter!! I am proud of you! Those cookies look so yummo - and the girls look like they loved every minute of it. I love to see princesses who bake, too! ;)

Roxanne said...

Yeah Rasp Thumbprints!!! Love you and SOO glad you are NOT prego anymore!