Monday, May 12, 2014

Mama's Day

What a sweet day it was!  Justin made it just perfect.. he let me sleep in, which is a BIG deal when you have a baby!  ;)  He brought me fresh flowers and a beautiful card with the perfect encouraging words that I needed to hear.  I didn't have to make any meals or do any clean up, and he sent me out with some girlfriends for an end of the day break.  It was lovely.



Mothering these children is such an amazing privilege.  The days are definitely long and the best I can do most days is to 'carpe a couple kairos moments' each day.  But I know the years are short.  They grow so fast and I'm desperately trying to enjoy something about each stage my children are in - good or bad.  I always wanted, so badly, to be a mother.  And I'm so thankful God has allowed me to live that dream.  It is the hardest, most exhausting, most amazing, most rewarding job I've ever had. These children refine me like no other... it's painful at times but it's so worth it.

So so thankful for the precious gift of motherhood.  And these precious people the Lord saw fit to entrust to me and Justin.    

No comments: