Today marks the beginning of the 3rd trimester.. yay!! I had to go to the doctor this morning for the lovely glucose test. That orange drink wasn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated. After I drank the sugary concoction, the doctor came in to measure me and check baby's heartbeat. Baby was squirming and moving like crazy.. her heart rate was really high. The doctor said it was probably from the high sugar drink so we waited awhile to make sure it came down, which it did. She had me worried there for a minute!
I also scheduled my next and probably final ultrasound. I'll go in for that in 3 weeks. The doctor wanted me to have another one to make sure the cysts on Baby's brain have gone away. I'm excited to see this little girl again! :) I invited my mom to come with this time. I think she'll love seeing her granddaughter on screen!
And the last exciting part of my morning is that I was asked to take part in a research study comparing the antibodies in pregnant women to non-pregnant women. All I have to do is have one extra vial of blood drawn at 3 of my appointments. I agreed to do it and got a $20 Target giftcard... score! I need some maternity clothes for this cooler weather we've been having, so I think I'll be heading to Target for that today.. yay!

1 comment:
You have that pregnacy glow! Glad to hear things are going well.
Post a Comment