Claire and I successfully made a trip out to Chicago by ourselves! When I found out my dear friend, Missy, was coming 'home' to the Chicago-area with her two newly adopted daughters, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to meet her girls and introduce her to mine! The trip started off a little rough - with my cell phone completely freezing and having no way to contact anyone while Claire simultaneously had the biggest blow-out diaper of her life... After getting through that small tragedy, things got much better! We packed lots in over the two days we were there. Claire was a champ the whole time-- she handled being driven all over the Chicago area, totally off her normal schedule, so well.
We stayed with my friend Michelle. She graciously allowed us to take over her place... thanks, Michelle! :)
Claire got to meet Missy's daughters - Hannah and Amelia. Hannah liked taking care of Claire and she did a great job with her! My favorite was when Hannah was talking to her Daddy on the phone, telling him all about Claire and her "puffy" cheeks. Gotta love it! :)





1 comment:
Thanks SOOO much for coming out, it was awesome visiting with you... wish we lived by eachother! Hannah talks about you and Claire often... I'm not kidding! She even said she wished Claire was her cousin :)
Love you
Post a Comment