Sunday, July 19, 2009

Backyard Fun

We had a super fun time with my nephews, Joel and Silas, this weekend. We wanted to give their sleep-deprived parents (Jorie & Mark) an evening at home with just the two of them and their new baby, Josh. So, I picked the boys up on Friday afternoon for a backyard camp out. After dinner, Justin and the boys worked hard setting up the tent and collecting firewood for the fire. The boys were great helpers and I was so impressed by the way they followed directions! As a former first grade teacher, I am well aware of the fact that many six and seven-year-olds simply cannot follow directions, so I was very impressed by the way Joel, who just turned five, was following the directions Justin gave to help set up the tent.

Here they are, all ready to sleep in the tent.




Claire and I slept inside, but the plan was for all the boys to sleep in the tent. It got pretty chilly (low 50's - crazy for July!) so I didn't know if they would last all night in the tent. But, they did! Claire woke me up at 6:30 and sure enough, all three boys were still sleeping in the tent!

We had so much fun and hope to do it again sometime!! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

How fun! That's my kind of camping. The bathroom is right inside! :)

Jorie said...

Thanks soooo much for giving us both a wonderful evening! The boys had such a blast camping out with you, and we enjoyed our quiet evening and delicious dinner with just our little baby at home. :) Love you guys, and thanks for being so great!

Roxanne said...

WHat a great time!! Special bonding time for JoMark and Joshua:) Camping sounds fab- and no need for malaria nets :)