Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What a day!

You just never know what a day will bring! Yesterday brought us a trip to the ER and a broken wrist for Justin... yep! A friend called and asked Justin if he would be interested in filling in for someone on his softball team at their 9:00 pm game. Justin hadn't played softball in years, but thought it sounded fun, so decided to do it. He was pretty excited to go play!

Here's the story in his own words, via a post on Facebook...

yea, so I'll preface by saying I haven't played softball in close to six years. Got the last minute call up to the local IC league due to a player being out. First time at bat and to my, and probably everyone else's surprise, hit a double to left...(turned out to be more like a single and 9/10ths). Ended up sliding into second and either had my wrist under me, or got stepped on by the second baseman (I was safe and ended up scoring on the next hit). So, the team basically got the temp for one play and ended up a man down after all...



So, lucky him - he gets to enjoy 6 hot summer weeks with his wrist in a cast. Can't get it wet (no swimming for him!), can't get it sweaty (no running for him!), can't finish the shelves he has been building that he is oh-so-close to finishing... poor guy!

Oh, and as a side note, I just learned to tie a tie. After three attempts, I finally got it right! :) Good thing my hubby is such a patient man.

7 comments:

Gma Rho said...

Poor Justin - I'm so sorry! He seems to have a thing about getting injuries when he's training for a marathon! Next time he signs up for one, don't let him do ANYTHING but run! And poor us - I guess we'll have to find someone else to mow our lawn while we're gone for 3 weeks!

Christina said...

That really stinks, tell Justin we're praying for a quick recovery!

Unknown said...

I can't wait to see that tan line at after 6 weeks! He should've gotten a waterproof cast (or do they not do those anymore?).

Jenny said...

Oh no! That is terrible! Not get it sweaty? In the summer? Is that possible?

Jason said...

Pole sana man! That's not fun.

Roxanne said...

Pole sana Justin!!WHat a bummer in summer!

Anna said...

Oh no! Justin, I'm so sorry!