I took Claire to the doctor today for her 9 month check up. She weighed 20 lbs, 8 oz and is still in the 80th percentile for weight. She shot up to the 95th percentile for height, at 29 1/4 inches. Her head circumference was also in the 90th percentile, so the good news is we have a nicely proportioned girl!
Although her mama was concerned about no teeth and no crawling yet, the doctor wasn't concerned about either, so that was good to hear. She said if she still doesn't have teeth by 15 months, we'll do an x-ray to make sure she actually does have teeth in there! Let's hope we don't have to worry about that!! As for the lack of mobility, she suggested that I scatter her toys a little more in hopes that something will motivate her to move. Maybe it'll be food?! :)
Speaking of food, Claire does a great job feeding herself and enjoys all types of finger foods now. She hasn't had any reactions to any food, so aside from a few things, we can pretty much feed her everything now. I've enjoyed feeding her what we have been eating lately... makes life just a little easier. Tonight it's spaghetti casserole... possible photo opp!? :)
Although her mama was concerned about no teeth and no crawling yet, the doctor wasn't concerned about either, so that was good to hear. She said if she still doesn't have teeth by 15 months, we'll do an x-ray to make sure she actually does have teeth in there! Let's hope we don't have to worry about that!! As for the lack of mobility, she suggested that I scatter her toys a little more in hopes that something will motivate her to move. Maybe it'll be food?! :)
Speaking of food, Claire does a great job feeding herself and enjoys all types of finger foods now. She hasn't had any reactions to any food, so aside from a few things, we can pretty much feed her everything now. I've enjoyed feeding her what we have been eating lately... makes life just a little easier. Tonight it's spaghetti casserole... possible photo opp!? :)
4 comments:
Annie- Anni did not crawl until 10 1/2 months I think (I should check my blog..this is one reason I blog b/c I forget EVERYTHING) and just look at how rillant she is:) don't worry Claire will do it all in her timing:)
Crawling is overrated. I am hoping for more sitting and playing without crawling time for Josh. Joel and Silas both moved from sitting to crawling in less then a month.
That is awesome that Claire is such a good eater. Keep up the variety!
can't remember if i told you this or not- but the twins didn't have teeth either! even at 1 year they barely had any :) no worries they'll come in!
I was so happy to be able to catch up on Claire's progress. She is very bright as I can assess from her reading skills. LOL. Don't worry about teeth, my oldest got her top teeth first when she was 11months old and she never crawled until she was a year old and walked at about 16 months...she was my first and was just content to sit in one place and play for hours...she will be 38 years old next week. Seems like yesterday.
Post a Comment