About a week and a half ago we took Claire to urgent care on Sunday afternoon after noticing that she was pulling on her ears. She was super crabby that day and every time she would try to take a bite of food, she would scream out in pain and spit it out. I asked her if her ear hurt and she said, "Two ears hurt." So, we took her in that day and sure enough, double ear infection! She was treated with an antibiotic and seemed better.
Well, yesterday she was complaining about "owie diaper rash" so I decided I better take her in in case she had another UTI. We are waiting on the results of that and should hear back this afternoon but, while we were there, the doctor noticed she had a fever so decided to check everything else out since we were already there. Guess what? Double ear infection!! So, we're guessing the one from last week never went away. We're trying another round of stronger antibiotics in hopes that it will knock out the infection.
Emma has a really runny nose and seems to be coming down with a cold. I'm hoping she doesn't end up with an ear infection too! So, today we are laying low and having a jammie day!! Thankful for access to doctors and medicine today!! Meanwhile my family in Africa is struggling with sickness, too, which is SO MUCH scarier for them. Praying for restored health for them and for the doctors who are treating them.
No comments:
Post a Comment