Thursday, January 27, 2011
Ear infections continued..
Remember how I said in yesterday's post that I hoped Emma didn't get an ear infection too? Well, guess what... she did! :( My baby has her first ear infection.. poor thing!! After an hour of dealing with an inconsolable baby yesterday afternoon, I decided to take her in. The only other time she has acted like that was when she had viral meningitis at 4 weeks old, so I knew something wasn't right. I think the whole world was at the doctor last night... it seems like EVERYONE around here is sick... so we waited for about an hour after our appointment time to actually see the doctor, but it was worth the wait. Her left ear is infected so they prescribed some medicine and sent us on our way. It looks like today will be another jammie day at home for the Shoe girls!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh no! I hope everyone feels better soon. :(
I was going to comment on your Facebook... I used to sell Ciprodex... it's an antibiotic that's an ear drop so you don't have to worry so much about the systemic affect of regular antibiotics.
It's what most Docs use after a few rounds of antibiotics haven't worked, but I say go for it right away, especially since Claire has a history of infections. Max had his first ear infection a month or so ago and it cleared it up within 48 hours and we didn't have to deal with all the other side effects of Amox or Bactrim...
Hope everyone feels better soon!
Anna
Awwww :(
I am wondering if Jacob has had a couple of ear infections already too. I didn't take him in (some ear infections go away on their own,plus I couldn't get away from babysitting)but a mamma just knows when something isn't right! I am trying to figure a lot of things out about him righ now though.
Get better Claire and Emma!
pole sana- we are sick here and you are sick there...hope you are all better super fast! Much love and lots of poles!!
Post a Comment