Sunday, August 10, 2008

Anniversary

Yesterday Justin and I celebrated five years of marriage!! Woohoo!! It was fun because this was the first year since our wedding that the 9th fell on a Saturday, so it was fun thinking about all the things we would have been doing throughout the day. We just purchased a new couch for our basement (pics to come soon..) so we spent the afternoon setting up our new couch and area in the basement. We exchanged cards, and as usual, Justin's brought tears to my eyes. He deserves major props in this department - I'm a HUGE card person, since my love language is words of affirmation, and Justin near fails to pick out a super sweet and meaningful card. I'm always crying before I even get to the part he writes in there and that never lets me down either. After exchanging cards, we went out for Spanish style tapas at Devotay in Iowa City... delicious!! (By the way - thanks to our parents whose generous anniversary checks covered our meal!) Our night was complete after we came home and watched our wedding video. It's so fun to have that to help us remember our wedding day. Overall, great day!! Looking forward to the many more we have ahead of us!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy late anniversary! 5 years, amazing! Does everyones 5 yr fall on the day they got married? That happened to Matt and Clara this year too! Sounds like you guys had a nice day.

Mark said...

Happy Anniversary, Justann! I am such a nerd, since I spent a few hours with Justin on Saturday and totally FORGOT to tell him "Happy Anniversary". I even thought of it that morning before I saw you guys but then... absent-minded as usual.

To answer christina's question, 5 year anniversaries fall on the same day of the week if there are two leap years during the marriage. In a normal year, the anniversary advances 1 day of the week per year. So without leap years, it would take 7 years. But during a leap year, the anniversary day advances two days. So five years, plus 2 leap years, and you have 7 days, which makes your anniversary occur the same day of the week you got married on.

Roxanne said...

happy anniversary Justann!! What a fun day!love the new blog makeover!
We love you and miss you!
Oh, I think it is hilarious that Mark answered Christina's question :)
praying for you and baby shoe!!

Mark said...

Yes, I am a nerd!