Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Her Name

We have officially decided on baby girl's name! We had it narrowed down to three that we liked but just in the last couple of weeks, we have decided which one wins. We both call her that name when talking about her now, which really makes it exciting! :) Yesterday I went to Hobby Lobby and bought wooden letters to spell out her name. We are going to hang them on the wall above the crib. I painted them black to match the nursery.. they are so cute. When I finished my project, I realized how badly I actually want to share her name!! Our original plan was not to tell until she's born. I definitely didn't want to tell what the names were that we were deciding between because 1. I didn't want anyone to "steal" one of the names we didn't choose and 2. I didn't want any opinions!! BUT... now that we know her name, I just want to tell!!!! I brought this idea up to Justin last night, hoping he would wholeheartedly agree. Well.. he wouldn't even talk about it! He said, "We are NOT telling her name!!" Ahhhh!!! So, I sit here in agony because I just hate keeping secrets from people and I really would love to just blurt it out... but the hubby really wants to keep it a surprise. I guess you'll have to wait another 4 months if I can bear to keep my mouth shut for that long!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww man! I really thought as I was reading that her name would be revealed! I can't wait to hear. Good luck keeping it a secret - Matt slipped to Sam and I a few weeks before Trevor was due. They were trying to keep his name a secret too - it's hard once you start using there name everyday.

Jenny said...

I was just thinking about how it will be hard not to slip up since you are using the name between yourselves.
It does make me wish that we had our little girly's name picked out. I wanted to decide as soon as we found out, but alas I fear we are doomed to deciding last minute. I do have a name, but I have yet to convince my husband of it.

Unknown said...

You guys are right about the possible slip up.. but I wouldn't be too upset if that happened. :)

Clara said...

Oh, I too thought I was going to see the name by the end of the entry. Good luck not slipping! I'm so happy for you Annie! Clara

Karen and Carl said...

As bad as I am at remembering names, you could slip and I still probably wouldn't remember it. You could try me out and see! :) --Karen

Gma Rho said...

I really have no idea what you're considering, but unlike you, I LOVE surprises! So I'll just wait patiently, and try to think of names you might like while I'm waiting. The black letters above the crib will be the perfect finishing touch!!

Mark said...

I totally thought there was going to be a big reveal in this post, too! Such a letdown. :-) Actually, way to be strong, Justin! You gotta save some surprises for the big day. But if you're using the name already, it's gotta slip out at some point. Are we allowed to guess?