GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are sooo excited! I didn't sleep at all last night because I was so anxious and excited about the ultrasound. The ultrasound was amazing... she was so active and kept moving all over the place! We told the ultrasound tech that we wanted to find out the sex of the baby, but of course she spent the first 30 minutes taking pictures of all the little parts. It was so amazing seeing all 4 chambers of the heart, her stomach, kidneys, cerebellum, etc... WOW!! At one point the tech was looking at the stomach and moved on to the legs and I thought for sure I saw a little boy's part. Then she told us that was the umbilical cord in between her legs. Finally at the end she showed us that we were having a girl!! The bad news, though, is that I didn't get any good pics! :( Right after she was done with the ultrasound, I rushed to the bathroom because I felt like my bladder was about to burst. The tech gave the pictures to Justin and I didn't see them until we were in the waiting room waiting for my doctor's appointment. She didn't give us any of her profile!! I told my doctor and she said she would see what she could do, but I left with only pictures of the bottom half of baby's body.
This is a cute one though. These are her legs and they are crossed. Already such a little lady! :)Despite our joy over seeing our baby girl today, we do have a major prayer request. The ultrasound tech found some little cysts in baby's brain. She said 90% of the time this is totally normal and the cysts will drain on their own. They said they "had to let me know" though. This can also be an indication of Trisomy 18 or Down's syndrome. They said her hands, feet, lips, and heart look perfect, so it's not Trisomy. The other thing that caused some concern is her nasal bone is in the 50% percentile, which could be another indication of a problem such as Down's. We had previously decided not to do any testing for Down's or anything else, but they advised us to do the test just to ease my mind. I had my blood drawn for that today and we should know the results in a week. We just ask that you would pray for our little girl and that the test results would come back showing no problems at all. I was really upset at first and cried a little, but then I just felt God's reassuring peace. I know her life is in His hands and I trust Him with her. After all we've been through, though, it's so hard not to be fearful. Please pray for our peace and that our baby is perfectly fine.

7 comments:
AHH!! So exciting! Congrats on your sweet little girl! I will be praying for all of these tests. God's hand is on her no matter what happens. I will pray boldly that everything will come back great! Keep me updated! Love you!
Yeah, a girl! Let the decorating and shopping begin! Congratulations!
Oh, Annie and Justin, a little girl is such a sweet blessing!!! You two are going to be AMAZING parents. I cannot wait to go out and shop. Brian and I are believing in the work of a Sovereign God. Our prayers are with all three of you. Just keep taking care of yourself and enjoy your pregnancy!
Love,
Ashley
CONGRATULATIONS!!! I can't believ you are really having a girl! What wonderful news!!! Especially considering you have an entire wardrobe for her for the first couple years! Oh, I am so excited! Girls are SO CUTE to dress up too!! I will DEFINITELY be praying for your test results... I am glad you went through with them even though you were intitially hesitant. Hopefully they will all come back normal. And SO SORRY about not getting to see you today :( I heard you really came too!! It was the one day in literally 6months that I got pulled to the floor! THANK YOU for stopping by though! And Congrats again on your little FEMALE miracle :)!!
Yeah- I was right, girls are the best! baby girl shoe has a ton of girlie clothes in Cedar :) We will pray for peace, we had the same test early & everything was fine. Praying for your peace & God's sovereignty. We love you!
Good luck with everything Annie. Stay positive, that was one thing I remember about you...you were always smiling and always positive. I hope everything goes well with the tests and I will definitely say some prayers for Baby Girl Schumacher and your family.
I'm so excited for you! She's going to be the prettiest girl on the block : )
You will be in my constant prayers...
Post a Comment