Sunday, January 25, 2009
Sick...
Remember how I said I was sick with the flu last week? I started feeling achy and flu-like last Sunday. I had a fever all week -- Sunday-Friday -- and just felt pretty awful. Finally, by Friday night I was starting to feel better. I did feel like I was starting to get a chest cold, but it didn't seem too severe. Well... last night we were at JoMark's house playing a little Rock Band and I suddenly starting having this extreme pain on the right side of my chest every time I would take a breath. It hurt so bad and after a half hour or so, I decided I needed to go to the ER. So... we took sleepy little Claire and made a family trip to the ER around 11 pm. Five hours, several blood tests, a chest x-ray, and a c.t. scan later, we were on our way home with my diagnosis: pneumonia. They prescribed a strong antibiotic that I need to take for a week. Although I'm glad to have the medication and am hoping it will make me feel better... I'm devastated because they said I can't nurse Claire for 7 days!!!!!!! 7 days!!! I feel like crying just typing this. So, we have to formula feed her for a week and that means I have to pump every 3 hours to make sure my milk supply doesn't decrease. It's hard enough to have to feed her every 3 hours anyway, but then to have to pump afterwards!! The worst part is that Claire decided she suddenly hates formula! She cried every time we fed her last night and would only take 1-2 ounces. She had been eating more like 5-6 ounces at every feeding. She has been doing so well, gaining weight, nursing well, and just all around doing well. Now I'm worried about her because she doesn't like the formula and I'm afraid she won't gain much weight or get the nutrients she needs... plus I'm worried that she'll forget how to nurse after only getting a bottle for a week. This really stinks. Pray for us if you think about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Sorry to hear about this, Annie! Praying that you get better soon, and that Claire does fine on the formula.
Annie,
We hope you get better soon!
I can't imagine how awful all of this is. Pumping is zero fun, plus being sick, and worrying about Claire eating the formula. Yuck! So sorry. We'll be praying for you! Also, can't wait to hear about Claire's next appointment. Really, who needs to deal with oxygen during all this?!
On a positive note...could she get any cuter? I mean really...
I'm so sorry Annie! I'll be praying you get some much needed rest and that you produce bountifully =); I'm SURE she'll get right back to feeding with you just as soon as she can! Much love...
Post a Comment