Emma turned 2 weeks old yesterday! I had to take her in for her 2 week check up. Her appointment was at 8:45, so I had to work hard to get us all ready and head out to be on time for the appointment. Justin was able to help before he headed off to work. This was my first outing alone with both girls and it went well. We were even 7 minutes early for the appointment! :)
The appointment went well. Emma weighed 9 lbs, 10.5 oz (92nd percentile), so she has surpassed her birth weight. I can't believe she's already almost 10 pounds!! I think it took Claire the first 2 months to get that big. They measured her at 22 3/4 inches (off the charts)! At first I was annoyed, thinking they had measured her wrong, since she was 21 inches when she was born. They can't possibly grow 1 3/4 inches in 2 weeks!! But when I told Justin, he said he thinks they measured her wrong in the hospital. He was there watching while they took all of her measurements and he said that they didn't stretch her legs all the way out, so maybe she IS that long!! That would explain my crazy rib pain while I was pregnant!
While we were still in the hospital, the doctor heard a heart murmur in Emma. Claire had a murmur, too, and it ended up being because of her heart defect - both an ASD and VSD. When they heard the murmur in Emma, I was thinking she probably had the same defect. Well, the best news about the appointment is that they could no longer hear the murmur... yay!!!
Overall, she's doing great! Oh, and just so you aren't all jealous that I have this awesome newborn who sleeps all the time, I spoke too soon about her being a great sleeper. Although she has occasionally done a 5 or even 6 hour stretch at night, lately she's been up every 3 hours to nurse. So much for awesome sleep for this mama!! I'm trying to enjoy it as much as I can - I know it doesn't last long and someday I'll miss this sweet newborn stage!
1 comment:
Awesome news about her weight and heart murmur! The 3 hour stretches are still really good at night - that's what Lauren typically does (between 3-4) and she's 5 weeks! How is the breastfeeding going?
Post a Comment