Justin did a great job of keeping delivery notes during Emma's birth. On her two week bday, I thought I'd post the whole story, play by play.
The day started off like this:
The day started off like this:
Can you say HUGE?! I don't feel quite as bad that I was this huge now, though, knowing that Emma was over 9 lbs. But still, I was huge.Here's the timeline of events:
8:00 am - We get to the hospital and check into our labor room. Mild contractions already happening.
9:10 am - Dr. Wenzel arrives and checks me - I'm 3 cm dilated and 90% effaced. She breaks my water.
9:25 am - They start pitocin.
9:57 am - Contractions start to get more intense - 4 1/2 mins apart.
10:20 am - Contractions are 3 mins apart.
10:50 am - Contractions much stronger now (80 vs 30-40 earlier) and 2 mins apart. Epidural is put it.
11:10 am - 4 cm dilated
12:01 pm - Internal monitor put in and still 4 cm dilated.
1:16 pm - 7 cm dilated
1:43 pm - Dr. Wenzel comes in and asks, "Is it time to have a baby yet??" Checks me - 8-9 cm dilated - and says, "We're close but not quite." They also confirm that baby is face up. Put me on oxygen because baby's heartbeat is a little irregular.
2:00 pm - Epidural had worn off on my right side only, I was in tons of pain so they added more to the epidural. My left side is now completely numb and without feeling but I was still totally feeling things on the right side.
2:21 pm - Dr. Wenzel comes in to check me and says, "This baby is falling out."
2:30 pm - Started pushing - Dr. Wenzel turns the baby face down during my first push.
2:38 pm - Emma Annette is born! 9 lbs, 3 oz and 21 inches

2 comments:
And this is just what I've been talking about for months now... YOU LOOK GREAT!!! I can't believe that's how cute you looked heading in to be induced! You AMAZE me! :)
I didn't realize you only pushed for 8 minutes!!! I thought my 16 minutes was good - WOW.
Post a Comment