Monday, October 11, 2010

Chiro

Last Wednesday I took my 7 week old baby to the chiropractor! She had been having a couple really fussy weeks and I couldn't figure out what was going on. It could have been TONS of things really: still recovering from meningitis, gas/reflux pain, normal baby fussiness, etc... BUT, I've heard tons of amazing stories about babies who have been adjusted by a chiropractor and have drastically changed for the better afterwards - ear infections healed, sleeping through the night, colic gone, etc.. Since we've already met our deductible and out of pocket max for the year and I knew I wouldn't have to pay a dime for it, I thought - why not?! So, I took her in!

Apparently birth is the most traumatic thing our bodies go through in life! Who knew? Emma got her little adjustment and then we did a very interesting "exercise" in which she re-enacted her time in the womb. Kind of a long story and I'm not going to explain it all here, but if you are curious, I'll tell you all about it! :) I'm still not sure how I feel about that whole thing.. it was definitely crazy but kinda cool too!

Anyway, the day she was adjusted she slept pretty much all day. Thursday she had another fussy day, but since then, she's done MUCH better. Saturday night she did an 8 hour stretch and last night a 9 hour stretch.... yay!!! I have no idea if it was because of the adjustment or just a coincidence, but either way, I'll take it!!

I'm taking her in again this Friday.... hoping she'll be sleeping through the night soon!

3 comments:

Christina said...

That sounds pretty crazy! I'd love to hear more about the experience. It might persuade us to take Lauren in!

Roxanne said...

I think it works- we took Evy when we were in Cedar and it helped.

Bibi Ronnie said...

I go to a chiro all the time. He works wonders on this old tired body.