Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Silent Treatment

So apparently Claire has already mastered the ridiculous girl skill of giving the silent treatment. HOW DO THEY LEARN THESE THINGS?!?

This morning at breakfast, Justin asked me if I knew that Claire gives the silent treatment. I hadn't seen this yet, so he told me the story...

I was feeding Emma while Justin was getting Claire her breakfast. Apparently Claire wanted me to get her breakfast instead and when he asked her what she wanted, Claire said, "Noo, Mommy!" Justin explained that I was feeding Emma and I would be in when I was done. He asked again what she wanted for breakfast and she kept turning her head away from him and completely ignoring him when he was trying to talk to her!!!

Anyway, when I came in from feeding Emma, Justin told me the story. I looked at Claire and said, "Claire, did you give Daddy the silent treatment?"

She said, "Yeah," with a smile on her face.

I said, "How did you learn that?"

She said, "God."

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That's hilarious! Maybe this is proof that women are born with this talent! :)

Chris and Julie said...

I love this story...so cute!!!!! Sounds like life with two is going fabulous for you all:)

K8Ahlers said...

Clearly it was from God :) so cute!

Jorie said...

No way! This story is too funny. That little stinker...

Gma Rho said...

She is such a girl!