We are slowly learning to live life with a newborn at home: less than 4 hours of sleep a night, never finishing what I start, laundry every other day, my to-do list only getting added-on to but nothing crossed off, etc... The good news, though, is I LOVE IT!!! :) I've never felt my life had more purpose than it does now.

Justin was home with us for our first three days but now he's back at work. He had a hard time leaving her this morning and called me after his first doctor's visit, telling me how he was showing her picture off to all the nurses and doctors. :) What a proud papa!! Today it's just me and Claire at home and so far, it's going well.
Yesterday we gave her a bath. The best part about bathtime is we get to disconnect her from the oxygen and monitor and carry her around like a normal baby. I really didn't want to hook her back up after we were done... Our appointment next Thursday can't come soon enough and we pray daily that she'll be ready to come home minus oxygen and monitor!

We also did our own little photo shoot to get some pictures for our Christmas card/birth announcement yesterday. I don't want to spoil the card so I'll just post a taste of some of the pics we took. 

8 comments:
Precious!!
Oh . . . can't wait to see the Christmas card. I LOVE the thumb in her mouth . . the sweetest!
Sweet, sweet girl!
I feel ya on the to-do list. Just this morning I was commenting on how we live in a pigsty. However, that it will remain until Brian and I strike it rich and hire a live-in maid. High hopes for a minister and a teacher! =)
The list will grow and so will Claire. Cherish your time with her first!
Annie & Justin,
Claire is just beautiful! We will be praying that she can come off the oxygen next week. Can't wait to see your x-mas/birth announcement card....
She is so precious, Annie! I'm so glad that you're enjoying your mother daughter bonding time! You've waited so long!
She is beautiful. Can't wait to get our hands on her and our arms around her. You two are the best parents! What teamwork!! :) Gma & Gpa Wilburn
great pics!! Anni prayed for "baby Claire" last night :) you will totally adjust to the new normal, just give yoruself tons of grace :) you will be a total rockstar!!
Hi Annie and Justin, it's me, Sarah-- Lacey's sister. I found your blog thru Facebook... clicking on a photo Lacey had commented on. Anyway, just wanted to say congratulations. Claire is so beautiful, and it sounds like you are wonderful parents!!! Enjoy her!
Post a Comment