Emma's 6 month appointment was today! It was quick and easy.. and rather uneventful, aside from the shots. She weighed 18 pounds exactly (85%) and was 27 1/2 inches (off the charts). Her head was in the 90%. Everything's looking good!
Claire, on the other hand, isn't doing great. She had an ear infection about a week and a half ago and has been on antibiotics for that. Her last dose was last night. She seemed to be doing fine until Sunday morning when she started coughing and her nose started running. She had a fever that night and all day yesterday. Well, this morning I became convinced that she must have another ear infection when she refused to eat (Claire NEVER does that!) and cried every time she tried to take a bite of something. She wouldn't even eat fruit snacks!! That is unheard of for Claire. I was thankful I already had Emma's appointment scheduled for today so I could have Dr. Shaw check Claire out too. Sure enough, another ear infection!!! That makes four ear infections since Christmas (2 of which were double ones!). So.. it sounds like she'll be getting tubes. We have an appointment scheduled with an ENT for Thursday morning. Although I'm not excited about surgery, I am glad we will hopefully not have to deal with all of these infections and antibiotics.
Spring, can you please come NOW?! We are so over this winter sickness!!
5 comments:
I feel so sorry for little Claire Bear. She must have been in such pain to not even eat her beloved fruit snacks! So sorry for you all - hard to see them sick and unhappy.
So, Emma has doubled her weight in six months! Such a cutie. Hope she stays healthy!
Glad to hear Emma is doing so well!!! Sorry to hear about Claire. I've had so many parents tell me that even though they didn't want their child to go through surgery they were so happy they did it afterwards because their child didn't have to go through ear infections anymore. Hang in there!
Pole sana Claire and YOU ANNIE.praying for you.
Poor Claire! Did you ever look into limiting her dairy intake to see if that helps her ears? I've read a lot about ear infections being linked to milk allergies.
Post a Comment